domingo, 15 de junho de 2008

Take fourteen

- What happened, Madeleine? – Perguntou Mrs Scavo, preocupada.
- I just want to be alone right now! I need to be alone.
- But why are you crying, dear? Please talk to me.
Madalena continuou sem dirigir outra palavra. Entrou no seu escritório e sentou-se no sofá.
**

- Kirsten, right? - perguntou Madalena, ainda um pouco envergonhada.
- Yes! And you are…
- Madalena! You can call me Madeleine. I’m Portuguese.
- Nice to meet you! You are the first person I know today, I don’t know anyone here… I’m so nervous! It is our very first day here… Aren’t you exciting? Have you already met someone?
- No, I don’t know any single person here in the US. It’s sad, I know… I only leave Portugal last week, it’s hard to be so far away with no friends! You don’t know anyone here? What about the boy who was talking to you? - perguntou a Portuguesa.
- Oh! That is my brother Kevin. I’ll introduce him to you and you can make one more friend today! – Voltou-se e gritou. – Kevin!! Come here.
- I’m here, Kirsten. – Disse, Kevin, sorrindo.
- I want to introduce Madeleine, she’s a Portuguese student and she’s going to work here with us.
- Hi, Madeleine.
- Hello, Kevin. Nice to meet you!
- Well, Kirsten, I want to introduce a friend of mine who is totally in love with you. – Disse, dando uma gargalhada. – Jimmy! Jimmy, this is my sister Kirsten and Kirsten, this is Jimmy. Oh, and this is Madaleine.
- Hi Kirsten. Hi Madeleine. - Disse Jimmy, corado e um pouco atrapalhado.

Madalena e Kirsten pediram licença aos dois rapazes e foram conhecer a Ala Pediátrica do Hospital.

- Kevin, I really think I’m in love with your sister… She’s more beautiful now than… Are you listening? - questionou Jimmy.
- Ah? I’m sorry.. That girl… God, Madeleine is cute! I’m telling you… One day that girl will be my girlfriend! I swear to you, Jimmy!
- Keep dreaming… She’s way too cute for you, my friend!
Meses mais tarde, Kevin apercebeu-se que sentia qualquer coisa mais do que apenas amizade pela sua colega Madalena. No dia em que isso se tornou claro na sua cabeça, Kevin procurou por Madalena. Percorreu corredores e pisos até finalmente encontrá-la sentada na mesa da cafetaria, no último piso do Hospital. Madalena estava sozinha, a estudar anatomia por um livro. Kevin aproximou-se dela e perguntou-lhe:
- How do I say your name in Portuguese?
- Madalena. Why Kevin?
- Madalena, I think I am in love with you. - declarou-se.
- I’m speechless… I’m never speechless!
- What do you feel about me?
- I love you too since the day I met you, Kevin!
- Do you? Why didn’t you tell me?
- We only know each other for seven months and we are always here working… I don’t see how this…
Kevin beijou-a. Um beijo rápido.
- This will definitely work! – Prometeu Kevin, sorrindo.
Madalena beijou-o. Desta vez foi um beijo longo e apaixonado.
**

- Madeleine! Dear, wake up! It’s almost five a.m., your shift is over… Go home and get some sleep. - aconselhou Mrs. Scavo.
- What? Where am I?
- You’re in the Hospital. You fell asleep… Come on, get up and go home. Tomorrow you don’t work here.
- Mrs. Scavo, I think I met James… - disse Madalena, sonolenta.
- Of course you know him! He’s your chief, dear. – sorriu.
- Noo! I think I met him when I started to work here, six years ago… He was so cute!

Sem comentários: